[Clfs-support] glibc-2.19 -m32 build error clfs-multilib

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Thu Jan 29 06:03:33 PST 2015

On Wed, January 28, 2015 20:21, lux-integ wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I am trying to build clfs-multilib
>
> ( http://clfs.org/view/git/x86_64/  )
>
> I am stuck on glibc-2.19 32-bit
> ( http://clfs.org/view/git/x86_64/cross-tools/glibc.html )
>
>    the compilation ends as follows
>
> #---------
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/glibcM32-build/misc/ioperm.o',
> needed by
> `/glibcM32-build/misc/stamp.o'.  Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/glibc-2.19/misc'
> #---------
> ( I checked on the internet and the last reported error of this type was
> related to kernel headers some 5 or so years ago  in the days of kernel
> 2.6.31. )
>
> I am following the instructions in the clfs book ((using kernel headers
> linux-3.14.21 )  and  I have tried hosts running clfs (  pure 64bit) ,
> fedora20 and slackware14.1  (both multi-lib ) and all gave the same
> result.
>
> advice would be appreciated

Hello,

So you are following the x86_64 multilib book? Have you made any changes
other than what the book has? I don't see the error which may have caused
it. Look in your Glibc build log and find out where an error occurs. When
using multiple jobs, you may not see the make error. Also, this may happen
if configure doesn't finish properly.