[Clfs-support] glibc-2.19 -m32 build error clfs-multilib

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Wed Jan 28 12:21:44 PST 2015

Greetings

I am trying to build clfs-multilib

( http://clfs.org/view/git/x86_64/  )

I am stuck on glibc-2.19 32-bit
( http://clfs.org/view/git/x86_64/cross-tools/glibc.html )

   the compilation ends as follows

#---------
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/glibcM32-build/misc/ioperm.o', needed by
`/glibcM32-build/misc/stamp.o'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/glibc-2.19/misc'
( I checked on the internet and the last reported error of this type was
related to kernel headers some 5 or so years ago  in the days of kernel
2.6.31. )

I am following the instructions in the clfs book ((using kernel headers
linux-3.14.21 )  and  I have tried hosts running clfs (  pure 64bit) ,
fedora20 and slackware14.1  (both multi-lib ) and all gave the same result.

advice would be appreciated

sincerely
luxInteg