[Clfs-support] Coreutils 8.20 check-root failures

Eric Plummer anadox402 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 19:26:32 PST 2012

Hello
I am building CLFS x86_64-64 from debian  AMD64:
I have build several LFS/BLFS systems before with minimal issues, but
this is my first 64bit build.

Everything has gone as expected until chapter 10.23 Coreutils-8-20.

command:
make NON_ROOT_USERNAME=dummy check-root | tee 2>&1 ../check-root.log
cat ../check-root.log | grep FAIL

output:
FAIL: tests/du/bind-mount-dir-cycle.sh
FAIL: tests/misc/chroot-credentials.sh
FAIL: tests/du/bind-mount-dir-cycle.sh (exit: 1)
FAIL: tests/misc/chroot-credentials.sh (exit: 1)

Just to check my self I have re-done the book in full to the same
point with the same errors.
I'm not sure what to do to fix these issues. Is this an issue with
util-linux? or maybe a host environment issue?

Any thoughts on what to do next?

thanks,
Eric