[Clfs-support] udev-167 on clfs

bv bvl at btconnect.com
Tue Apr 5 00:33:43 PDT 2011

On Monday 04 April 2011 20:13:55 Comphuter at icb.at wrote:
> I finished my CLFS system about 3 days ago, running udev-167 (Also
> using linux-headers-2.6.38.2 :).
good to hear

So did you  compile udev-167 with the  --disable-extras switch and if you did,
did you need any patches and  did you obtain  executibles such as
/lib/udev/ata_id ?
IF you DID NOT compile udev-167 with the  --disable-extras switch did you need
gperf, glib and gobject-introspection?

> However, I have no interest in /run for now, so I simply removed it
/run is not part of the clfs directory structure so  where did you remove it
from ?

> (According to the udev-source NEWS file, it will fall back to the old
> directory, /dev/.udev/). Unsurprisingly, there were no problems.
>
> If you really need the /run directory and cannot live with this hotfix
> you have to change parts of the udev-regarding init script(s).
and  what changes would you suggest ?

> Greetings,
> Mario
Return Greetings