[Clfs-support] udev-167 on clfs

Comphuter at icb.at Comphuter at icb.at
Tue Apr 5 04:06:21 PDT 2011

Hello,

> So did you  compile udev-167 with the  --disable-extras switch and if
> you did,
> did you need any patches and  did you obtain  executibles such as
> /lib/udev/ata_id ?
> IF you DID NOT compile udev-167 with the  --disable-extras switch did
> you need
> gperf, glib and gobject-introspection?

I compiled it with the --disable-extras switch and did not need any
patches or additional executeables.

>> However, I have no interest in /run for now, so I simply removed it
> /run is not part of the clfs directory structure so  where did you remove it
> from ?

I remember that the installation process of udev created it and then
read about it in the NEWS file.

>> (According to the udev-source NEWS file, it will fall back to the old
>> directory, /dev/.udev/). Unsurprisingly, there were no problems.
>>
>> If you really need the /run directory and cannot live with this hotfix
>> you have to change parts of the udev-regarding init script(s).
> and  what changes would you suggest ?

I don't know much about the CLFS bootscript internals, but I will look
through it when I have some spare time. But in my imagination it should
be pretty simple - it just has to mount a tmpfs on /run before running
the usual udev commands. That's the only thing it has to do
additionally, IMO. Maybe someone else knows better.

Greetings,
Mario