[Clfs-support] udev-167 on clfs

Comphuter at icb.at Comphuter at icb.at
Mon Apr 4 12:13:55 PDT 2011

Hello,

I finished my CLFS system about 3 days ago, running udev-167 (Also
using linux-headers-2.6.38.2 :).
However, I have no interest in /run for now, so I simply removed it
(According to the udev-source NEWS file, it will fall back to the old
directory, /dev/.udev/). Unsurprisingly, there were no problems.

If you really need the /run directory and cannot live with this hotfix
you have to change parts of the udev-regarding init script(s).

Greetings,
Mario