[Clfs-support] Linkage error when making uClibc-0.9.31

Angel Ivan Castell Rovira al004140 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:18:39 PDT 2011

Hello.

2011/4/1 Andrew Bradford <bradfa at gmail.com>

> I found some patches that might help, one from OpenWRT relating to arm
> uClibc softfloat on GCC 4.5.1:
>
> https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/toolchain/gcc/patches/4.5.1/810-arm-softfloat-libgcc.patch?rev=22450
>
> Another that looks basically the same from a developer on BusyBox but
> is listed for GCC 4.4.2:
> http://busybox.net/~aldot/gcc/4.4.2/810-arm-softfloat-libgcc.patch

Both patches seem to be the same. I have tested the one from "openwrt" with
gcc 4.5.2, and the issues reported yesterday at this forum seems to
reproduce exactly the same problem.

I've also got an update to GCC 4.6.0 in my git repo for the embedded
> book.  I'll take a look at that, too, to see if it fixes this or produces
> the same problem.

Very good idea! I have downloaded and configured gcc 4.6.0 with exactly the
same properties as for the 4.5.2 to build the static gcc, but still I am
getting the same described problems. I have also applied the patch for this
gcc 4.6.0 with no sucess.

I was worried about the configuration parameter "--disable-decimal-float"
when building static gcc. I was thinking it could be related with the "soft
floating point" linkage problems. So, I also tryied everything enabling that
feature, but I always get the same wrong result.

I will try to test all again from scratch because I have done some different
tests and want to avoid bad interaction issues from previously installed
stuff...

Thank you very much your valuable advices, and also for your time! :-)

> -Andrew

-- Ivan