[Clfs-support] it is not able to boot after -- Building the Basic Tools

kevin631012 kevin631012 at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Oct 14 03:27:00 PDT 2010

Hi All ,
I try to build  SH's clfs . what I did is use

file-5.04
gmp-5.0.1
mpc-0.8.2
mpfr-3.0.0
ppl-0.10.2
cloog-ppl-0.15.9
binutils-2.20.51
gcc-4.2.4-67
glibc-2.10.1-63

to build Temporary System as

# Binutils-2.18
# GCC-4.2.4
# Ncurses-5.6
# Bash-3.2
# Bzip2-1.0.4
# Coreutils-6.9
# Diffutils-2.8.7
# Findutils-4.2.32
# Zlib-1.2.3
# File-4.23
# Gawk-3.1.6
# Gettext-0.17
# Grep-2.5.3
# Gzip-1.3.12
# Make-3.81
# Patch-2.5.9
# Sed-4.1.5
# Tar-1.20
# Texinfo-4.11

I choose to BOOT  ( not chroot ) , so I creat some necessary symlink and do something for temporary system bootable .
but I get stuck when every time I try to boot . I check my root file system /bin/ , I find

ls /etc/
fstab  group  inittab  opt  passwd  udev

bash -> /tools/bin/bash
and I parse /tools/bin/bash
it needs

Dynamic Section:
  NEEDED               libdl.so.2
  NEEDED               libc.so.6

I put those libraries under /lib .
looks every fine ,but it still not working .
can any1 tell my , what else I need to do ? do I have enought configure files under /etc ? I dont see to creat /etc/rc.d something likes that in chapter 6 . is it good enought for system to boot ?

Thanks

BRs
KevinSK