[Clfs-support] it is not able to boot after -- Building the Basic Tools

appzer0 appzer0 at free.fr
Thu Oct 14 04:46:46 PDT 2010

On 14/10/2010 12:27, kevin631012 wrote:
> Hi All ,
> I try to build  SH's clfs . what I did is use
>
> file-5.04
> gmp-5.0.1
> mpc-0.8.2
> mpfr-3.0.0
> ppl-0.10.2
> cloog-ppl-0.15.9
> binutils-2.20.51
> gcc-4.2.4-67
> glibc-2.10.1-63
>
> to build Temporary System as
>
> # Binutils-2.18
> # GCC-4.2.4
> # Ncurses-5.6
> # Bash-3.2
> # Bzip2-1.0.4
> # Coreutils-6.9
> # Diffutils-2.8.7
> # Findutils-4.2.32
> # Zlib-1.2.3
> # File-4.23
> # Gawk-3.1.6
> # Gettext-0.17
> # Grep-2.5.3
> # Gzip-1.3.12
> # Make-3.81
> # Patch-2.5.9
> # Sed-4.1.5
> # Tar-1.20
> # Texinfo-4.11
>

> I choose to BOOT  ( not chroot ) , so I creat some necessary symlink and do something for temporary system bootable .
> but I get stuck when every time I try to boot . I check my root file system /bin/ , I find
>
> ls /etc/
> fstab  group  inittab  opt  passwd  udev
>

> bash ->  /tools/bin/bash
> and I parse /tools/bin/bash
> it needs
>
> Dynamic Section:
>    NEEDED               libdl.so.2
>    NEEDED               libc.so.6
>
> I put those libraries under /lib .
> looks every fine ,but it still not working .
> can any1 tell my , what else I need to do ? do I have enought configure files under /etc ? I dont see to creat /etc/rc.d something likes that in chapter 6 . is it good enought for system to boot ?
>
> Thanks
>
> BRs
> KevinSK

I think you need the bootscripts, you /etc/ seems desperatly empty. And
why do you have a 'opt' under /etc ?

You need to have 'rc.d' and 'init.d' dirs (bootscripts) under /etc. And
you don't have any '/etc/ld.so.conf', either. I'm afraid this system is
broken. Moreover, an 'etc' dir does have nothing to do under /bin. Make
sure you follow the book. Sorry not having more clues about your problem.

appzer0