[Clfs-support] PPL configure error

Filip Bartmann filbar at centrum.cz
Sun Jun 13 07:41:18 PDT 2010

As host system I have previously builded Multilib basic CLFS system.
Now I'm trying build on this system pure 64-bit CLFS system, but I stop
on Cross Compile PPL package on configure script error:
checking how to link with libgmp... /cross-tools/lib/libgmp.so
-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/cross-tools/lib
checking how to link with
libgmpxx... /cross-tools/lib/libgmpxx.so /cross-tools/lib/libgmp.so
-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/cross-tools/lib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/cross-tools/lib
checking for the GMP library version 4.1.3 or above... no
configure: error: Cannot find GMP version 4.1.3 or higher.
GMP is the GNU Multi-Precision library:
see http://www.swox.com/gmp/ for more information.
When compiling the GMP library, do not forget to enable the C++
interface:
add --enable-cxx to the configuration options.
I fount that /cross-tools/lib/libgmpxx.so.4.1.0 is 32 - bit library.

The configure test which fails is:

g++ -o conftest  -g -frounding-math  -I/cross-tools/include
-Wl,-rpath,/cross-tools/lib
conftest.cpp  /cross-tools/lib/libgmpxx.so /cross-tools/lib/libgmp.so
-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/cross-tools/lib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/cross-tools/lib >&5

The error is:

/cross-tools/lib/libgmpxx.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong
format

And I find, that when I run this test with -m32, then this test pass,
but when I run this test with -m64, the I have this failure.

What I do wrong?

Thank's
Filip Bartmann