[Clfs-support] Keyboard If You Are Going to Boot

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 15:33:53 PDT 2009

John wrote:
> Many thanks Mark.
>
> I will report again when I get that far.
>
> This keyboard busines is something that has bugged me for a long time. It
> was only when I read clfs that I saw the possibility of building the keymap
> into the kernel.
>
> If it works in clfs then it works for bootdisks, bootable CD-ROM, bootable
> CF and anything else bootable.
>
> Wish I had known about this a long time ago.
> I learn a lot from clfs. Its a great book.

If you do end up following the boot method again. See if you can edit
/etc/sysconfig/console on the CLFS system and set your keymap in there.
That may be all you need to do. Off the top of my head I don't remember
if the console bootscript is included with the minimal set of scripts. I
would assume that it is though.

If that doesn't work I'd like to know so that it can be fixed. I only
have keyboards with a QWERTY US layout so I've never had any issues with
the layout myself.