[Clfs-support] gtk+2 upgrade help

Reimundo Heluani rheluani at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 21:35:56 PST 2009

Hello there, I upgraded from gtk+2.16.0 to 2.19.2 without using a
package manager (compiled, removed by hand the old libraries and
installed on top of the same prefix). Things went wrong at some point
but I'm not sure where. I get plenty of errors of the form

... does not export GTK+ IM module API .... invalid ELF header

for example when running perl I'd get these errors. I can't recompile
either the previous version of gtk+2 cause of these errors and I can't
even compile 2.19.2 again because of these errors.

Looking at my /usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders I see that the binaries
are the old ones, so I'm not sure why they didn't get overwritten by the
new ones (the libraries are all new). I'm not sure where did I screw
things up but I'd love to hear any help from you guys.

Thanks,

R.