[Clfs-support] Planning on build development version

Alonso Graterol alonso.graterol at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 08:34:37 PST 2009

Hello,

I am running an AMD64 Pure64 CLFS system originally built with kernel
2.6.22.6 and over time upgraded to 2.6.30.5. This last upgrade has
induced some general segfaults crashing the machine. I guess
glibc-2.6.1 may not be enough for 2.6.30.5.

I could go back to previous used kernel (2.6.24.4) and hopefully get
rid of those crashes. I never had one while using it.

Anyway, I have been thinking for a while now to rebuild my system.
Aside from purchasing a new disk or use some unused space on current
disk for a new partition I was thinking on setting a dedicated
directory (/mnt/CLFS) to build the new base system and transfer it
later to root system. I would do the same I did when I built my
current system using LiveCD as base, only this time I do not have a
clean new disk to work on and my base system is not LiveCD.

Does this make any sense? Is it doable?

Best regards,

Alonso