[Clfs-support] sysklogd-1.5 segfault

jignesh gangani jgangani at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 00:04:31 PDT 2008

Dear All,

I am following CLFS-1.1.0 SVN for pure64 version. I have completed my build.
But at the time of booting, I got following message:

Starting Kernel logger: sysklogd segfault at 0 rip 0xzzzzzzzz Error 4.

And it stops. The machine is not hung as I can see it still responds
to keystrokes
but it doesn't go further either. When I was looking on the net for
the solution I found
that it might be referring to hard coded path to System.map
(/usr/src/linux/System.map)
I booted from a livecd and removed the syslog from startup sequence.
Then after booting
when I manually ran sysklogd with debugging on it was referring to
correct System.map.
So reference to incorrect System.map is not an issue.

Does anybody know the solution? Has anybody came across this error?

Thanks for any help.

--

Jignesh D. Gangani