[Clfs-support] Create Own Linux Distro

Jonathan Norman jonathan at bluesquarelinux.co.uk
Sun Sep 28 17:38:03 PDT 2008

On 29 Sep 2008, at 01:22, satish patel wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Anybosy have idea about creating Own bootable and installable linux
> distro
> linux ubunt and redhat etc.. I have created LFS and I want to put
> it all on
> one CD so anytime I can install that linux on my PC not need to build
> everytime, anyone have idea about this please put your suggestable
> comment.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Satish Patel

http://bluesquarelinux.co.uk/boloco/lfs-live/

This is a guide for making a livecd or memory stick from LFS or any
other ditro (but mostly LFS). It does need some updating which will
do sometime...yeah sometime.

You will need to put your LFS into a package of some kind to install
it. RPMs, Tarballs etc. Something that can be installed onto the hard
drive. The tarball can be the whole LFS or each package.

You could use scripts or something to help the user install your LFS
or let them do it manually with a guide or something.

Personally I use RPMs and proprietary scripts.

Cosmo~