[Clfs-support] Can't mount root at boot

Arnie Stender astender at aagstender.org
Sun Nov 25 06:42:40 PST 2007

Ken Moffat wrote:
>  Sound advice.  Arnie can also try using 'PgUp' to look at the
> messages after it fails to find the root fs, to see which drives are
> where - my guess is that Suse either adds extra drivers which lets it
> see more controllers, or else he has added/deleted the config option
> to boot off-board drives first (probably,
> 'CONFIG_BLK_DEV_OFFBOARD').
>
> ĸen

Hi Ken,
    Interesting, I never heard of that configuration option. As it turns
out SuSE has it and CLFS doesn't. I think I'll try to reboot using
manual options instead of rebuilding the kernel right now but where did
you find out what that option was used for? Is it documented anywhere?
It doesn't look too intuitive to me. :-( BTW, since I am going to be
booting again anyway I'll try the PgUP thing but I think you told me to
try that the last time I was having problems before the logging got
started and it didn't work. You never know, things may have changed. :-)
Thanks for the input.

Arnie