[Clfs-dev] Server maintenance - be back online soon

Andrew Bradford bradfa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 07:58:54 PST 2019

Hi Justin,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 10:49 AM Justin R. Knierim
<cross-lfs at knierim.org> wrote:

> On 2/25/19 7:29 AM, Andrew Bradford wrote:
>
> > So what's the plan with regards to when to use trac and when to use
> > github, like for issues/bugs?
> > I'd like to use Github as much as possible, it's just easier for me
> > and it always works.
>
> That is a good question.  Trac was useful back when we (lfs and clfs)
> started using it, but github does do a lot of the same functionality.
> We could keep trac for the wiki/website functionality (or not, just have
> a basic site like lfs has), and linking to compiled books.  Anyone else
> have thoughts?

I'm happy to copy over the existing trac embedded issues into github
later this week.

My plan is to copy over each issue into github issues, provide a link
in the github issue to the trac issue, and then put a link in the trac
issue pointing to the github issue.  Any comments in trac issues I'll
make as comments in the github issue and provide attribution.  There's
not that many issues, this shouldn't be hard to manually do, at least
for embedded.

Once we have everything as github issues, we could probably lock down
the trac issues database to prevent new issues or comments from being
created and remove that entire concern.

Thanks,
Andrew