[Clfs-dev] Server maintenance - be back online soon

Justin R. Knierim cross-lfs at knierim.org
Mon Feb 25 07:54:44 PST 2019

On 2/25/19 7:49 AM, Justin R. Knierim wrote:
> I think that would be ideal.  The older git setup required me or
> someone manually adding git access and so created a barrier to entry
> for anyone wanting to contribute.

Another thing I remember from back in the day, was trac signups were
disabled because spam bots would go crazy and make tons of users and try
to spam, so letting github handle signups and such is one less
administrative headache.  Without being able to make users on trac, or
me making them manually, also limited who could make bugs and more
difficulty in contributing.

There are existing bugs in trac, but they aren't great in numbers I
don't think and we could always refer to the old trac until caught up.

Justin