[Clfs-dev] [lfs-dev] Hello and Japanese translation info

Michio Matsuyama michio_matsuyama at yahoo.co.jp
Thu May 18 19:18:51 PDT 2017

----- Original Message -----

> From: Julien Lepiller <roptat at lepiller.eu>
> Cc: CLFS development discussion <clfs-dev at lists.clfs.org>
> Date: 2017/5/18, Thu 20:59
> Subject: Re: [Clfs-dev] [lfs-dev]  Hello and Japanese translation info
>
>>  Also, have cc'd this to lfs-dev list, as there was discussion there
>>  recently ('Tue, May 16, 2017 at 5:15 PM', Julien Lepiller, Martin
> Qi)
>>  about co-ordinating some aspects of translations.
>
> Hi Michio,
>
> I'm the coordinator of the French translation team.
>
> Since last year, we use this website to work on the french translation of LFS
> and BLFS: https://translate.linuxfromscratch.org. The result can be seen here:
> http://fr.linuxfromscratch.org/view/lfs-svn.
>
> We find that using Pootle (the service the translation website uses) helps a lot
> with reviews and working together on the project. We currently track only the
> development version of LFS and BLFS. A robot refreshes untranslated strings each
> night and translates some of them automatically, which reduces the work load.
> This process allows us to publish a translation of both stable books usually one
> day after the release of the English one. I also periodically manually upload
> development versions.
>
> I'd love to see an international community of LFS translators, and it'd
> be great if we could use the same tools. I'm especially interested in what
> kind of tools you used and how we can all improve the quality and
> maintainability of our translations.
>
> Would you like to discuss this on IRC? If we need to coordinate, I'm in
> Paris timezone, UTC+0200. I guess you're in UTC+0900? I'm supposed to
> talk with Martin (who's working on the Chinese translation) this week-end,
> so I'd be happy if you could join our conversation too. In any case, you can
> ping me (roptat) anytime.
>
> Kind regards,
> Julien Lepiller

Hi Julien,

I thank you for telling me the translation site Pootle.
I heard about it for the first time.  It seems to be
very nice and energetic work.

Though I have translated CLFS book into Japanese,
I am not good at English, especially speaking and also
writing.  To tell the truth, I am just writing this
sentence using the Google translating site!

I am so sorry that I cannot join your conversation on
chat because of my lack of ability to speak English.

The translation works for CLFS is always my interest
and your post really is very interesting for me.  It is
needed for me the time for learning what the Pootle is,
and how the Pootle realize to translate, and so on.

I can not express my idea well, sorry.

regards,
matsu

---