[Clfs-dev] Meander hardware switchover / ip change

Justin R. Knierim cross-lfs at knierim.org
Fri Aug 28 09:30:13 PDT 2015

On 8/28/2015 9:10 AM, William Harrington wrote:
> Thanks for the update. I'll make note of the new IP for my
> configuration. For the new server build, we can go sysvinit or
> systemd, use a distro or use the targeted CLFS 3.1.0. We have a lot of
> tickets for updates and need to commit to the git repo. So use the
> cloud instance all the time, and for the new system we can build and
> install daemons, configure and setup users/groups/daemons and test
> that it operates like our current server. When it is fully functional
> without any issues, put it into production!

So far I haven't been able to find anything broken, and dns was switched
over when I sent the email already.  Here's hoping! Meander will
probably go down some time early next week, unless something pops up.
Once meander is shipped, it will be switched from 4x 1TB drives to 3TB
drives, raid battery replaced, and then racked up there.  This also
means switching from 2x 100mbit to gigabit network, which will be nice.

As for OS, since all the drives are being replaced it will likely get a
ubuntu 12 lts install on it and we can either keep, upgrade or use as a
base system for CLFS.  In any case, the cloud instance gives us time to
setup the system as we want and migrate over as we wish.  As I have no
idea how the git / gitweb stuff is setup, having some extra time is
good.  :)

I'll let you guys know when meander is back up in the new datacenter.
The cloud instance has less memory (8 vs 32) and cpus (4 vs 8) but I'll
try to bump it up some more if it has any slowness or trouble.

Justin