[Clfs-dev] Meander hardware switchover / ip change

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri Aug 28 09:10:01 PDT 2015

On Fri, August 28, 2015 14:44, Justin R. Knierim wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> The current CLFS server called meander needs to change datacenters, so
> to allow it to be shipped I've had to offload the whole shebang onto a
> cloud instance at my work.  I basically got it copied 1 to 1 to this
> instance, and so it should run just about the same as before.  If you
> use ssh or possibly some other services, you may get a warning about the
> ip changing.
>
> OLD IP:  208.97.140.69
> NEW IP:  67.205.60.62
>
> If you notice any services not working, please drop me a note directly
> at cross-lfs at knierim.org and I'll get it sorted out.
>
> Once meander is shipped from Los Angeles, CA to Ashburn, VA it will get
> new drives, and assigned a new IP.  At that time we can decide to build
> a fresh CLFS on it or something different, before moving all the
> services back over to it.
>
> Any questions please let me know.  Thanks!
>
> Justin

Hello Justin,

Thanks for the update. I'll make note of the new IP for my configuration.

For the new server build, we can go sysvinit or systemd, use a distro or
use the targeted CLFS 3.1.0. We have a lot of tickets for updates and need
to commit to the git repo.

So use the cloud instance all the time, and for the new system we can
build and install daemons, configure and setup users/groups/daemons and
test that it operates like our current server. When it is fully functional
without any issues, put it into production!