[Clfs-dev] GIT-20140618-x86_64-Pure64 Boot problems

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 20 11:32:55 PDT 2014

On 20/06/14 19:08, William Harrington wrote:
> On Fri, June 20, 2014 16:00, Martin Ward wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Systemd 213 is causing me problems with a some partitions failing to
>> mount at boot time ,although the root partition is fine.
>>
>> Any additional partitions ones including the swap partition just time
>> out and drop me into a emergency shell after 90s
>>
>> Bit of surfing around seems a few people have had this problem,any body
>> else seen this, 212 was fine?
> I use encrypted swap but I have to create a target for systemd.
> Regular swap should be fine whether it is in /etc/fstab or commented out
> as systemd generator will generate what is needed for swap.
>
> Other users having issues were missing FHANDLE in the kernel sometimes.
checked that, had it in there

> I haven't had any issues, but I also enable REQUIRED and OPTIONAL kernel
> deps as in the systemd README.
only one i didn't have was the automount, but thats not needed

> I've booted 32bit, multilib, and Pure 64bit with no issues when I have all
> of the required drivers in the kernel.
>
> You may wish to investigate that part. I haven't had issues since Systemd
> 210 was released. Each systemd upgrade worked fine with the same kernel
> config.
same here from about 206, 213 was the only one, tried two builds just in
case i missed something, same problem my data and swap partitions didn't
want to mount using systemd, but had no problem with eudev and the
boot-scripts earlier in the build
did check the rtc clock  just in case this was the problem, but no

just found this

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/40706

and a  possible solution

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=c343be283b7152554bac0c02493a4e1759c163f7

> As far as KMOD, since the latest kmod upgrade to 17, they fixed this and
> we didn't remove the install command for the docs.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

thanks

Martin