[Clfs-dev] GIT-20140618-x86_64-Pure64 Boot problems

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Fri Jun 20 11:08:33 PDT 2014

On Fri, June 20, 2014 16:00, Martin Ward wrote:
> Hi
>
> Systemd 213 is causing me problems with a some partitions failing to
> mount at boot time ,although the root partition is fine.
>
> Any additional partitions ones including the swap partition just time
> out and drop me into a emergency shell after 90s
>
> Bit of surfing around seems a few people have had this problem,any body
> else seen this, 212 was fine?

I use encrypted swap but I have to create a target for systemd.
Regular swap should be fine whether it is in /etc/fstab or commented out
as systemd generator will generate what is needed for swap.

Other users having issues were missing FHANDLE in the kernel sometimes.

I haven't had any issues, but I also enable REQUIRED and OPTIONAL kernel
deps as in the systemd README.

I've booted 32bit, multilib, and Pure 64bit with no issues when I have all
of the required drivers in the kernel.

You may wish to investigate that part. I haven't had issues since Systemd
210 was released. Each systemd upgrade worked fine with the same kernel
config.

As far as KMOD, since the latest kmod upgrade to 17, they fixed this and
we didn't remove the install command for the docs.