[Clfs-dev] pkg-config and util-linux (chroot method)

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Nov 4 05:18:07 PST 2013

On Nov 4, 2013, at 3:47 AM, Pierre Labastie wrote:

> Le 04/11/2013 02:08, William Harrington a écrit :
>>
>> On Nov 3, 2013, at 2:34 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
>>
>>> I just built CLFS GIT, using my working copy of jhalfs. Actually,
>>> I haven't
>>> committed it, since I wanted to test it first. Now, the build has
>>> ended and
>>> blfs tools got installed, so it seems close to be working, at
>>> least for the
>>> chroot method. But I do not want to commit yet, because something
>>> weird happened:
>>> After exiting chroot, the hostname was set to "clfs".
>>
>> The revision before your commit worked well with both git and 2.1.0.
>>
>> The only issue we have is that when someone wants to not build the
>> test suites, kbd will fail cause check isn't installed into tools.
>>
> Do you mean that "hostname" problem did not occur before when using
> jhalfs? (of course, building manually, those lines are skipped as
> per the book). I did not think I touched that part. But maybe I did
> inadvertently. I'll check older revisions.
>
> Have you tested the instructions for util-linux with pkg-config
> installed on the build host?
>
> Regards
> Pierre

Never encountered a hostname problem. Debian jessie system has default
hostname of jessie and I don't change it.

Indeed, having pkg-config on the host causes problems with util-linux
and the chroot method.

PKG_CONFIG= to util-linux configure line solved that issue.

I suppose more sane hosts with development packages installed will
have pkg-config.

I mostly use debian and the lfs livecd I update so often to build with
and never encountered that. I suppose instead of having jhalfs fix
that part, we can add that to the book, as that'd be the proper place
for it.