[Clfs-dev] pkg-config and util-linux (chroot method)

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Mon Nov 4 01:47:29 PST 2013

Le 04/11/2013 02:08, William Harrington a écrit :

> On Nov 3, 2013, at 2:34 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
>
>> I just built CLFS GIT, using my working copy of jhalfs. Actually, I
>> haven't
>> committed it, since I wanted to test it first. Now, the build has
>> ended and
>> blfs tools got installed, so it seems close to be working, at least
>> for the
>> chroot method. But I do not want to commit yet, because something
>> weird happened:
>> After exiting chroot, the hostname was set to "clfs".
>
> The revision before your commit worked well with both git and 2.1.0.
>
> The only issue we have is that when someone wants to not build the
> test suites, kbd will fail cause check isn't installed into tools.

Do you mean that "hostname" problem did not occur before when using
jhalfs? (of course, building manually, those lines are skipped as per
the book). I did not think I touched that part. But maybe I did
inadvertently. I'll check older revisions.

Have you tested the instructions for util-linux with pkg-config
installed on the build host?

Regards
Pierre