[Clfs-dev] Eudev

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Thu Jun 6 12:18:56 PDT 2013

On Jun 6, 2013, at 1:36 PM, Andrew Bradford wrote:

> Can you elaborate as to why systemd isn't desired?  Especially if udev
> is?

Systemd is a pretty big step right? I don't know much about systemd
and have never used it.

I was following discussion with it in LFS dev mailing lists and there
is a Systemd branch, but they are sticking with the more simpler
extracted udev
I was under the impression to install systemd, we'd have to add quite
a few more deps in final-system. If we are to keep a minimal system,
that might be counterproductive.

On the other hand, if systemd is great and all that, we need more devs
active on the book. Then we'll need to edit cblfs as well for systemd.

I don't know what all work is required, but I wouldn't look forward to
it, right now.