[Clfs-dev] Optional packages for graphite

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Mon Jul 29 13:01:10 PDT 2013

On Jul 24, 2013, at 1:36 AM, William Harrington wrote:

> Graphite is a great option for GCC to reduce code size, and ISL and
> CLooG are required for this, but ISL and CLooG can use openscop and
> piplib, as well, to enhance graphite.

So here are some results of tools:

I was building from x86_64 host to an x86 pentium3 target:

with default opts  unstripped tools: 453M    stripped tools: 217M

graphite opts and -O3 and -march=pentium3 for target:  unstripped
tools 170M  stripped tools: 155M

Specifically graphite opts used were: -floop-block -floop-interchange -
floop-strip-mine -fgraphite-identity -floop-parallelize-all -ftree-
loop-linear

The large size from default opts before stripping is the debugging
symbols include din the default opts of eglibc and possibly gcc/
binutils.

After stripping it was 60M less. There will be even more saved when
doing a final system build and going beyond.
Be careful with -floop-nest-optimize  it has some problems.