[Clfs-dev] [CLFS-DEV] Embedded Musl Libc

Kirk Terrell knjterrell at mybluelight.com
Wed Jul 24 05:58:42 PDT 2013

I have to recant from my earlier email on Musl Libc. I have built
systems for arm, mips and x86. I used the following process

To Build Musl:

> CROSS_COMPILE=${CLFS_TARGET}-  ./configure --prefix=${CLFS} --disable-gcc-wrapper \
>     --host=${CLFS_TARGET} --build=${CLFS_HOST} --syslibdir=${CLFS}/lib --includedir=${CLFS}/usr/include

> make

> make install

> cp ${CLFS}/usr/include/net/if_arp.h ${CLFS}/usr/include/linux/if_arp.h
>
> cp ${CLFS}/usr/include/linux/if_slip.h ${CLFS}/usr/include/net/if_slip.h

To Build Busybox:

I used the config file from sabatoge, and used the following extra C
flags: -Dfdprintf=dprintf -D_GNU_SOURCE

The later flag makes the header files more consistent with glibc.

The config file turns off rpc features and system logging.

I was able to succesfully boot a QEMU based system.

It looks like openWRT supports Musl as an alternate C library.

Kirk Terrell