[Clfs-dev] Boot Method is Broken

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Fri Jan 25 21:54:20 PST 2013

On Jan 25, 2013, at 9:16 PM, Bryan Kadzban wrote:

> I think pkg-config (or possibly libtool, but pkg-config is generally
> better in a multilib setup, because you can use the multilib wrapper
> around two separate installations of it, with different default
> PKG_CONFIG_PATHs) should pick this up.  Of course, if pkg-config isn't
> present in clfs, that'll be hard (I haven't looked at clfs in a long
> time)...  :-)

The boot method uses the cross-compiler and temp system to build the
utils for booting, and so pkg-config is not installed.
We set variables to what pkg-config would result and when building
e2fsprogs, set PKG_CONFIG=true.

for udev, we set the proper variables, it would use pkg-config as well.

We install util-linux which provides uuid and blkid.
Then we install e2fsprogs and not use the private uuid and blkid
provided by e2fsprogs.
Then there is shadow and udev. Going through the process in my head
without looking at the book.

Only the multilib book is having issues and that's what we are looking
at right now.