[Clfs-dev] Boot Method is Broken

Chris J. Breisch chris at breisch.org
Sat Jan 26 04:15:28 PST 2013

On 1/25/2013 6:50 PM, Chris J. Breisch wrote:

> Looks like we need to create some symlinks at the end of 7.4
> util-linux. Something along the lines of:
>
> pushd /tools/lib64
> ln -svf libblkid.so.1 libblkid.so
> ln -svf libuuid.so.1 libuuid.so
> popd
>
> (Or whatever particular command sequence you prefer to get the links
> there)
>
> [...]
> So, with what I have specified above, when using -lblkid, -luuid is
> also required. However, configure only supplies -lblkid and expects
> that to be sufficient. Frankly, I agree with configure. :) We could
> supply configure with LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath,/tools/lib64" as we do make.
> In my current setup, that allows configure to complete successfully.
> Make and make install do as well.

The combination of these two items appears to have worked. Or at least
allowed me to get past the compilation of e2fsprogs. I woke up this
morning to see my computer sitting in menuconfig for the kernel in step
7.11. I have not verified yet that e2fsprogs is actually working, but I
would be surprised if it's not.

I suspect we'll need a similar change in chapter 10.

--

Chris J. Breisch<http://www.sports-gazer.com>