[Clfs-dev] GIT-0.0.1-20120922-arm

jennifer and kirk terrell knjterrell at mybluelight.com
Tue Jan 29 17:13:48 PST 2013

Hi,

I just finished booting my apc-8750 using the information in  GIT-0.0.1-20120922-arm.
I've done three targets - a virtual Versatilepb and a virtual Vexpress using QEMU as the emulator and the physical apc-8750. Even at version 0.0.1 its got me further than another book and various web searches. I appreciate the effort that went into this. I did have some issues that I was able to work through, not quite sure where to submit. By section
they are

3.2  Binutils-2,21 is not avialble

6.4  None is not a good setting for --with-fpu

6.10/6.12 I think the --with-fpu should be omitted when using soft

6.11 uClibc requires an additional patch - the new Binutils does not like the .size

    The .config file need to have the ${CLFS} patched - it would not allow for double
expansion. SO ${CLFS} did not become /mnt/clfs as desired.

7.4  I would add make clean to busybox

16.1  Should also remove ${CLFS}/sources when making ${CLFS}-final
      Another option would be to use /usr/src rather than /sources

Minor issues overall. Creating a "distro" from source has been on my Linux "bucket list" so I do greatly appreciate the effort of the team.

Sincerely,
Kirk