[Clfs-dev] GIT-0.0.1-20120922-arm

Andrew Bradford andrew at bradfordembedded.com
Wed Jan 30 07:21:15 PST 2013

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 01:13:48 GMT
"jennifer and kirk terrell" <knjterrell at mybluelight.com> wrote:

> I just finished booting my apc-8750 using the information in
> GIT-0.0.1-20120922-arm. I've done three targets - a virtual
> Versatilepb and a virtual Vexpress using QEMU as the emulator and the
> physical apc-8750. Even at version 0.0.1 its got me further than
> another book and various web searches. I appreciate the effort that
> went into this. I did have some issues that I was able to work
> through, not quite sure where to submit. By section they are
>
> 3.2  Binutils-2,21 is not avialble
>
> 6.4  None is not a good setting for --with-fpu
>
> 6.10/6.12 I think the --with-fpu should be omitted when using soft
>
> 6.11 uClibc requires an additional patch - the new Binutils does not
> like the .size
>
>     The .config file need to have the ${CLFS} patched - it would not
> allow for double expansion. SO ${CLFS} did not become /mnt/clfs as
> desired.
>

> 7.4  I would add make clean to busybox
>
> 16.1  Should also remove ${CLFS}/sources when making ${CLFS}-final
>       Another option would be to use /usr/src rather than /sources
>
> Minor issues overall. Creating a "distro" from source has been on my
> Linux "bucket list" so I do greatly appreciate the effort of the
> team.

Thanks for the input!  Glad to hear the book was helpful for you!

I've created a trac ticket [1] with these things in it and I'll take a
look at them when I have a chance.

[1]:http://trac.cross-lfs.org/ticket/917

If you want to send patches to fix these things in the book, please feel
welcomed.

Regards,
Andrew