[Clfs-dev] Final System Test Suites

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Mon Oct 15 14:47:07 PDT 2012

On Oct 15, 2012, at 4:27 PM, g.esp at free.fr wrote:

> I have tried building before coreutils on my build system and
> coreutils tests simply work (with added PATH=$PATH).
> I even now build before util-linux because this allow me to run the
> non-root part of util-linux tests using something similar to
> coreutils like:
> su nobody -s /bin/bash -c "PATH=$(PATH) make check"
>
> I send a patch to skip util-linux tests using bc and that was
> accepted today. So it should be possible in the futur to run a
> vanilia util-linux non-root tests without FAILED.
>
> That would be hard to run util-linux root tests. First the test
> suite is not ready to run in everyone machine due to hardcoded /dev/
> loopx value. Secondly, modprobe and scsi_debug module from running
> kernel are needed for many tests.
>
> I checked shadow build from log and didn't see any difference when
> building before coreutils vs before util-linux.

Ah okay.

Also this thread can be used for all final system test suite issues.

I think my next commit will be moving shadow before coreutils.
Thanks to Martin and Chris for their input as well.

I was planning on doing that, and have been thinking about it for the
last few builds I have been doing as far as testing the book for
stability and no build errors.

I haven't tackled test suites, yet.

I have recently been using jhalfs (which doesn't like pkg-config or
udev in our build as it doesn't create the Makefile properly to
extract and remove the dirs) to log installed files and test suites
and build logs, we need to start populating our test logs to our
server, so if you have a full build of test logs from the final
system, explain which CPU you were using and provide them as a
compressed attachment or a place to download and I'll put them into
the proper place on meander for others to look at.

Sincerely,

WIlliam Harrington