[Clfs-dev] Final System Test Suites

g.esp at free.fr g.esp at free.fr
Mon Oct 15 14:27:06 PDT 2012

----- Mail original -----

I have tried building before coreutils on my build system and coreutils tests simply work (with added PATH=$PATH).
I even now build before util-linux because this allow me to run the non-root part of util-linux tests using something similar to coreutils like:
su nobody -s /bin/bash -c "PATH=$(PATH) make check"

I send a patch to skip util-linux tests using bc and that was accepted today. So it should be possible in the futur to run a vanilia util-linux non-root tests without FAILED.

That would be hard to run util-linux root tests. First the test suite is not ready to run in everyone machine due to hardcoded /dev/loopx value. Secondly, modprobe and scsi_debug module from running kernel are needed for many tests.

I checked shadow build from log and didn't see any difference when building before coreutils vs before util-linux.

Gilles