[Clfs-dev] CLFS 2.0 Planned updates

William Harrington kb0iic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:22:28 PST 2012

On Feb 15, 2012, at 09:19 AM, Jonathan Norman wrote:

> This is the list of software updates I plan to implement:
>
> Automake 	1.11.3
> Binutils		2.22
> Coreutils	8.15
> DHCPD		5.5.4
> Diffutils		3.2
> Eglibc		3.15
> E2fsprogs	1.4.2
> File			5.10
> Gawk		4.0
> GCC		4.6.2
> Glib			2.31.16
> GMP		5.0.4
> Grep		2.10
> Iproute2		3.2.0
> Less		444
> Libee		0.3.2
> Libtool		2.4.2
> Linux		3.2.x
> Module-init-tools		3.15
> MPFR		3.1.0
> Perl			5.14.2
> PSmisc		22.15
> Rsyslog		6.2.0
> Shadow		4.1.5
> TCL			8.5.11
> Udev		181
> Util-linux	2.20
> XZ-Utils		5.0.3
> Zlib			1.2.6
>
> I've almost completed Chapter 5 x86_64-64 and things seem to be
> going well so far.
>
> Cosmo~

Howdy Cosmo,

We also need to get rid of cloog-ppl and move to cloog isl. http://
www.bastoul.net/cloog/pages/download/cloog-0.16.3.tar.gz

cloog parma is being phased out and isl is the future. When
configuring binutils and gcc using --with-cloog-backend=isl then
cloog isl backend will be used.

Check here for more info: http://gcc.gnu.org/install/
prerequisites.html  at the Cloog prerequisite. Do not use cloog-isl
0.17.0  gcc 4.6 isn't ready for it and will not find it nor use it no
matter how hard someone tries. Unless they find a way to edit the 4.6
tree to use it.

GCC 4.7 should include it in the tree I think. I read that was
possibly being done now to include cloog.

Also, we build graphite with CLFS but we don't really explain how to
use it or what it does with these options which are in the GCC online
documentation under the optimizations section: -floop-interchange -
floop- strip-mine -floop-block -fgraphite-identity -floop-parallelize-
all

For what polyhedral transformations do and more info the following
links will help:

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Graphite
http://impact.gforge.inria.fr/impact2012/  (will need a pdf viewer)