[Clfs-dev] CLFS 2.0 Planned updates

William Harrington kb0iic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:33:24 PST 2012

On Feb 15, 2012, at 09:19 AM, Jonathan Norman wrote:

> This is the list of software updates I plan to implement:
>
> Automake 	1.11.3
> Binutils		2.22
> Coreutils	8.15
> DHCPD		5.5.4
> Diffutils		3.2
> Eglibc		3.15
> E2fsprogs	1.4.2
> File			5.10
> Gawk		4.0
> GCC		4.6.2
> Glib			2.31.16
> GMP		5.0.4
> Grep		2.10
> Iproute2		3.2.0
> Less		444
> Libee		0.3.2
> Libtool		2.4.2
> Linux		3.2.x
> Module-init-tools		3.15
> MPFR		3.1.0
> Perl			5.14.2
> PSmisc		22.15
> Rsyslog		6.2.0
> Shadow		4.1.5
> TCL			8.5.11
> Udev		181
> Util-linux	2.20
> XZ-Utils		5.0.3
> Zlib			1.2.6
>
> I've almost completed Chapter 5 x86_64-64 and things seem to be
> going well so far.
>
> Cosmo~

Howdy Cosmo, again!

I forgot to mention some patches I keep up to date. vim 7.3 and
ncurses 5.9 branch updates:

vim I have up to date to patch level 410. more have been released
since then: http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.3/

http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/ncurses-5.9-branch_update-1.patch
http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/vim-7.3-update-1.patch

The patch versions at the end are from my own builds, and aren't
necessarily following current patch levels we have. We may already
have branch update or fix patches. I think they are old.

Branch updates for ncurses 5.9 are at ftp://invisible-island.net/
ncurses/5.9

Also I keep heads up on bash patches as well. It's been at level 20
for a while. ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/bash/bash-4.2-patches/

I think we are at level 20 already.