[Clfs-dev] MPC-0.9 error in configure script

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Apr 16 18:18:45 PDT 2011

On 04/16/2011 02:03 PM, Joe Ciccone wrote:
> I just reviewed this patch. I agree there is an issue, but this patch
> does not appear to be a good solution. It may run the checks that need
> to run, but it also caused the value of CC to be defaulted. It dropped
> some additional parameters I had set. I am going to look for an
> alternative solution. Reading through that email thread, it looks like
> setting EGREP=egrep is enough.
>
> Thanks for bringing the issue up.
Sure sure. Just out of curiosity, what was dropped? Also, it seems to me
that I had lost something else had changed without running the whole
script. Maybe another mistak, but I can't see why I would have used the
patch if setting EGREP would have worked for me. I am a far cry from
either CLFS or LFS, so a simple CC="gcc -m32" with the patch worked as
expected in my case.

-- DJ Lucas