[Clfs-dev] MPC-0.9 error in configure script

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 12:03:59 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 23:49 -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:
> FYI, there is a problem with the configure script in MPC-0.9 (if updated
> in CLFS later) that causes it not to build shared libs if CC is set.
> Quick patch to configure is here, follow thread in patch header if you
> want correct fix for autotools, but probably best not to need autotools
> in chapter 5 as host version might be unpredictable.
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/mpc/mpc-0.9-fix_configure_errors-1.patch
>
> -- DJ Lucas

I just reviewed this patch. I agree there is an issue, but this patch
does not appear to be a good solution. It may run the checks that need
to run, but it also caused the value of CC to be defaulted. It dropped
some additional parameters I had set. I am going to look for an
alternative solution. Reading through that email thread, it looks like
setting EGREP=egrep is enough.

Thanks for bringing the issue up.

--
Joe Ciccone