[Clfs-dev] MPC-0.9 error in configure script

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 18:33:10 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-16 at 20:18 -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:
> On 04/16/2011 02:03 PM, Joe Ciccone wrote:
> > I just reviewed this patch. I agree there is an issue, but this patch
> > does not appear to be a good solution. It may run the checks that need
> > to run, but it also caused the value of CC to be defaulted. It dropped
> > some additional parameters I had set. I am going to look for an
> > alternative solution. Reading through that email thread, it looks like
> > setting EGREP=egrep is enough.
> >
> > Thanks for bringing the issue up.
> Sure sure. Just out of curiosity, what was dropped? Also, it seems to me
> that I had lost something else had changed without running the whole
> script. Maybe another mistak, but I can't see why I would have used the
> patch if setting EGREP would have worked for me. I am a far cry from
> either CLFS or LFS, so a simple CC="gcc -m32" with the patch worked as
> expected in my case.

Interesting, I tried both CC="gcc -m32" and CC="gcc -m64" and in both
cases I ended up with CC="gcc -std=c99" in config.log.

Very strange. For what its worth, I did not have an issue compiling MPC
w/ or w/o this patch or setting EGREP on the CLI. I set EGREP just to be
on the safe side. I will admit that my test environment so far is very
small. Just multilib x86_64. More builds to come in the future.

--
Joe Ciccone