[Clfs-dev] Official Announcement

Jim Gifford clfs at jg555.com
Fri Sep 4 13:20:58 PDT 2009

John S wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am very new at this CLFS. I don't think the announcement has any
> effect on me directly. It seems to me that CLFS is the only place I
> can try this for AMD64. LFS has some reference to 64bit in a coming
> in version 7. But don't see the dev of that. Is LFS a closed project?
I can only speak to the CLFS development model. Anyone can contribute
any time.

> Do you mean that you are not going be in sync with LFS even on the
> more general parts of the book any more?
CLFS has never been in sync with LFS, which is one of the issues. The
original intent of CLFS was to funnel changes into LFS.

> In that case would it be OK to also submit suggestions for those parts
> on this list?
Suggestions are welcome, you can enter then in of one of two ways. Send
an email to clfs-dev (changes will not be tracked), or via our trac
ticket system.