[Clfs-dev] Official Announcement

db m myheadblewoff at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 4 04:50:29 PDT 2009

> Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 15:45:21 -0700
> From: clfs at jg555.com
> To: clfs-dev at lists.cross-lfs.org; clfs-support at lists.cross-lfs.org
> Subject: [Clfs-dev] Official Announcement
>
> As of Now, Cross-LFS is a separate project and is no longer under the
> umbrella of Linux From Scratch Family. We have taken a lot time and
> effort making sure this is the right decision. The LFS Developers
> already consider Cross-LFS a separate project, so we are going to take
> that stance ourselves now.
>
> We wish the Linux From Scratch Developers the best in their endeavors.
>
> As of now, the Cross-LFS team will not be changing the name of the project.
>
> The Cross-LFS team will continue to use our open development method, and
> welcome anyone to participate in our project. Anyone interested in
> helping the development of the Cross-LFS projects can contribute by
> providing patches and contacting one of the Lead Developers.
>
> CLFS Lead Developers

G'day Jim,

An interesting annonucement, one which I think I saw as becoming
somehow 'inevitable' one day....perhaps spawn of the release of
so many different platforms beginning to 'spring up' out there in
the {ahem} 'real world'. Although that won't be the only reason
for such lines to be drawn, I do welcome the move overall.

Regards,
Don