[Clfs-dev] Official Announcement

Andrew Rowland weibullguy at charter.net
Sun Sep 6 18:39:47 PDT 2009

Jim Gifford wrote:
> As of Now, Cross-LFS is a separate project and is no longer under the
> umbrella of Linux From Scratch Family. We have taken a lot time and
> effort making sure this is the right decision. The LFS Developers
> already consider Cross-LFS a separate project, so we are going to take
> that stance ourselves now.

It was inevitable given the attitude towards CLFS.

> As of now, the Cross-LFS team will not be changing the name of the project.

Which implies there may be change in the future.  Also, Community Beyond
Linux from Scratch implies an affiliation.  I suppose this will need to
change as well to ensure we slay the hydra.  We also need our own CLFS
counter now.  I'm tired of being LFS user 17727.  I think I could get a
smaller number if CLFS had its own counter :)

We should probably remove or change the logo on the CLFS Trac.  No sense
in inviting whining.  I have one that can be used until something better
comes along --> http://cross-lfs.org/~arowland/CLFSLogo.png.  I don't
remember why I have it, but I do.

--
Please do not send me *.doc, *.xls, *.ppt, or *.mdb files.  They are a
proprietary format and do not conform to internationally recognized

Visit the PackManUtil Project at http://code.google.com/p/packmanutil/