[Clfs-dev] Sparc64-SVN-20080616

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Fri Jun 20 11:51:03 PDT 2008

I also did forget to mention that instead of inetutils I used netkit-
base, netkit-telnet, and netkit-ftp. ftp and ping work like they
should, too.  All netkit-base requires is the gcc4 patch, netkit-
telnet requires headers of stdlib and string to be added to a few
source files, and netkit ftp proved to have no problems.

I'm exhausted on finding the issues in glibc and inetutils ping at
this time. I'm sticking with netkit on my sparc
builds, for now. I haven't heard back from the maintainer of
inetutils, and not sure what could have changed
between glibc 2.4 (inetutils ping last worked with) and later releases
of glibc.

Looks like 2.6.25.7 kernel has everything working again using the old
config from 2.6.23.1.  Now to test the 2.6.24.7 kernel with the
2.6.23.1 config and see if it works okay. If not, heh.... Someone give
me a hammer!

-William