[Clfs-dev] Sparc64-SVN-20080616

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Fri Jun 20 11:08:37 PDT 2008

Ahoy folks,

     Well finally got done, and I was so slow at building the SVN with
the 2.6.24 kernel that somewhere in the build the book updated and now
I see I have a new build to do this weekend.  Anyways, here are the
results of my
last SVN build using gcc-4.2.4 with pure64 and Ultrasparc V9.

My test results are at http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/tests

I have not come across any weird things with gcc-4.2.4 as of yet.
So far in CBLFS I have done this:

	bc-1.06
	openssl-0.9.8h (book uses g)
	openssh-5.0p1
	wget-1.11.3
	alsa-lib-1.0.16
	alsa-utils-1.0.16

In the CLFS build:

	used tar 1.20 instead of 1.19
	installed PCRE before grep

2.6.24 kernel is behaving differently with my Ultra 60 than a 2.6.23
kernel did.

Sound isn't working properly, video looks like it is all in reverse
and garbled.
So finding if any other later kernel version has this same issue.

Other than those weird issues, it seemed to do pretty well.
Next mission:  PPC64 and SPARC64 with the new SVN using 2.6.24.7 and
patch.

-William