[Clfs-dev] Sparc64-SVN-20080616

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 20 14:50:31 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 01:51:03PM -0500, wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wrote:
> I also did forget to mention that instead of inetutils I used netkit-
> base, netkit-telnet, and netkit-ftp. ftp and ping work like they
> should, too.  All netkit-base requires is the gcc4 patch, netkit-
> telnet requires headers of stdlib and string to be added to a few
> source files, and netkit ftp proved to have no problems.
>
> I'm exhausted on finding the issues in glibc and inetutils ping at
> this time. I'm sticking with netkit on my sparc
> builds, for now. I haven't heard back from the maintainer of
> inetutils, and not sure what could have changed
> between glibc 2.4 (inetutils ping last worked with) and later releases
> of glibc.
>
> Looks like 2.6.25.7 kernel has everything working again using the old
> config from 2.6.23.1.  Now to test the 2.6.24.7 kernel with the
> 2.6.23.1 config and see if it works okay. If not, heh.... Someone give
> me a hammer!
>
> -William
 Interesting results.  I haven't checked the detail of your glibc
against what I logged for ppc64 in the "clfs-1.1.0" ticket, but some
of it certainly had a familiar feel to it.

 I've just uploaded my pure64 and powerpc64 patches for 4.2.4
(pure64 had rejections, as did powerpc64 - the new pure64 works on
x86_64-64, I haven't had time to start testing ppc64 (multilib) yet).

 Fingers crossed for your 2.6.24.7.

ĸen