[Clfs-support] Ncurses Chapter 6.10 compilation error

Hellwig Geisse hellwig.geisse at mni.thm.de
Sat Jan 16 01:55:26 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to use CLFS as a guide for porting Linux to our
ECO32 system-on-chip. I was running into the same problem
as Leon, even when using ncurses 6.0.

On Fr, 2016-01-15 at 17:33 +0000, William Harrington wrote:
> > ../include/curses.h:1631:56: note: in definition of macro 'mouse_trafo'
> >  #define mouse_trafo(y,x,to_screen) wmouse_trafo(stdscr,y,x,to_screen)
> >                                                         ^

As Leon notes, the problem comes from the generated file
lib_gen.c, which contains functions as replacements for
macros (and uses these macros within the function bodies).
As it seems, the macro "mouse_trafo" is enabled when compiling
the file, and thus replaces the function header, which is
wrong. The patch in the attachment applied to the generator
script MKlib_gen.sh does the trick, at least for me.

Hellwig