[Clfs-support] Binutils Chapter 10.25 Tests

sfeebots454 at cfl.rr.com sfeebots454 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jan 28 04:10:15 PST 2016

Installed BC out of order and the relro_test.sh passed but the other 10 failures remained.

Noticed that during the tests my Fedora 23 produced an SELinux AVC message.

I read online that Fedora is not the friendliest distro for LFS/CLFS. So before I started I ran # restorecon -R /mnt. I thought at the time that any files added after this command would not be subject to that command. I should have been disabling SELinux with # echo 0 > /selinux/enforce before I entered a CLFS build session.

Disabled SELinux and got the same results.

Have used both Fedora 23 and Sparky Linux with the same results, so I do not think SELinux is a real problem. I have "switched horses in mid stream" to use Sparky and restart at the beginning of Chapter 10.

The book said to not skip the tests for GCC, Binutils, and Glibc. I will keep the uncompressed directories in which these packages were built and run the testsuites just before Chapter 11.

This last course sounds more correct. Will get back to you with the results.

Thanks,   Leon