[Clfs-support] the forgotten clfs-3.0 book and the other clfs website

Roger Koehler roger.o.koehler at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 07:28:06 PST 2016

 On Mon, November 28, 2016 02:10, William Harrington wrote:
> On Mon, November 21, 2016 22:28, Michele Bucca wrote:
>> I wonder why this book is not listed on clfs.org. It is not reachable from
>> linuxfromscratch.org nor from clfs.org
>
> The book does exist.
>
> http://trac.clfs.org/wiki/read#CLFS3.0.0
>
> cross-lfs.org lapsed and wasn't renewed. We couldn't get it back. If you
> go there now, it has an nginx page. Not sure who has it now. I haven't
> looked into the registrar database.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

I just joined this list for three reasons:
1) To see if anybody is listening. (Please respond if you are.)
2) To run applications written for Windows (see
https://wiki.winehq.org/Building_Wine#Shared_WoW64).
3) To expand the capabilities of my base LFS/BLFS/ALFS system.

I like to stay up to date with the latest changes/fixes, so I created
a clone of the development version:

git clone git://git.clfs.org/cross-lfs.git clfs
cd clfs; git checkout sysvinit
make
lynx render/html/x86_64/index.html

I'll try building the latest commit first (Author: William Harrington
<kb0iic at berzerkula.org> Date: Fri Jul 29 17:53:36 2016 -0500).

As I get more experienced, maybe I will be able to help keep it up to
date with the latest LFS/BLFS development book.