[Clfs-support] the forgotten clfs-3.0 book and the other clfs website

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Dec 2 15:50:36 PST 2016

On 11/23/2016 10:28 AM, Michele Bucca wrote:
> Il 23 nov 2016 4:50 PM, "Justin R. Knierim" <cross-lfs at knierim.org
> <mailto:cross-lfs at knierim.org>> ha scritto:
>>
>> On 11/21/2016 2:28 PM, Michele Bucca wrote:
>>>

>>> I wonder why this book is not listed on clfs.org <http://clfs.org>
> <http://clfs.org>. It is not reachable from linuxfromscratch.org
> <http://linuxfromscratch.org> <http://linuxfromscratch.org> nor from
> clfs.org <http://clfs.org> <http://clfs.org>
>>>

>>> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/clfs/view/clfs-3.0/
>>>
>>> This 3.0 version is different from the current one. you should make
> this book available again and put it into a proper location. anyway how
> can I make an offline copy of the book above using wget?
>>>
>> I believe that URL needs to be removed, as it is obviously pointing to
> a very old version of the book
>
> i think it should be kept and updated, as it is the only version of clfs
> that features the uClibc library.
>
> I studied that document to make a gcc uclibc arm toolchain.

You might have better luck studying the http://musl-libc.org
maintainer's toolchain builder, and trying to make your own musl toolchain:

  https://github.com/richfelker/musl-cross-make

That's the libc used in things like Alpine Linux and ChromeOS, and it's
what I'm using these days for things like
http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/aboriginal-landley.net/2016-November/002591.html
and http://j-core.org

Rob