[Clfs-support] clfs- x86_multilib_dev systemd-218 32-bit build question

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Wed Feb 11 04:06:19 PST 2015

On Wednesday 11 February 2015 05:49:15 William Harrington wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 01:15:13 +0000
>
> "lux-integ" <lux-integ at btconnect.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 February 2015 14:19:28 William Harrington wrote:
> > > Mighty big changes between 213 and 217/218. Look at our Systemd ticket
> > > at http://trac.clfs.org/ticket/1003
> > >
> > > Build 32bit like 64bit, but make sure -m32 and the libraries will go to
> > > /lib and /usr/lib. The headers need to be generated and I'm guessing
> > > when we update the book for latest Systemd, we'll need to install the
> > > full Systemd twice. Which will leave 64bit systemd as the running
> > > flavor.
> >
> > I hope I have found the  workround.  for systemd-218.
> >
> > build systemd normally  ( i.e. with make  ) for m32  then just install
> > the libraries. (as per the book)
>
> It's not a work around. It's how current systemd needs to be installed for
> multiple libraries. Don't forget the added users and groups and the myriad
> of changes. I'm on the fence with Systemd. It is great for a daemon
> controlling the system, but it's hell for upgrades. Frankly,if you have no
> need of systemd, use the sysvinit book.

####  typos corrected hopefully ( I dont have a spell checker ) ###

On Wednesday 11 February 2015 05:49:15 William Harrington wrote:
>  Don't forget the added users and groups

Pray tell
( i.e. what other groups and users do I need    with systemd-218 )?

And by the way as regards   systemd-218  it completely ignores the --
libdir=/usr//lib64 switch for the m64 build here-

(  http://clfs.org/view/git/x86_64/final-system/systemd-64bit.html )
libnss_hostname.so.2  ( and friends )   are deposited in /usr/lib   and have
to be move to /lib64

On Wednesday 11 February 2015 05:49:15 William Harrington wrote:
>. Frankly,if you have no need of systemd, use the sysvinit book.

I found in the past  using the sysvinit then installing systemd worked fine
one can   put sonethng like
init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd  (in grub.cfg)
or comment ( init=/usr/lib/systemd/sytsemd ) for lilo.conf

to toggle systemd booting.

On Wednesday 11 February 2015 05:49:15 William Harrington wrote:
>Frankly,if you have no need of systemd, use the sysvinit book

Unfortunately I have  got used to it.

 Two things I want to know
--A-- I want   to know if systemd     can be used   with coreboot   and  I
have been searching the Internet without much luck.
--B- If  systemd can be used  with  Uboot

comments for anyone on list will be welcomed.

sincerely
luxInteg